At A G Leech Kindergarten our values are guided by our passionate approach towards early childhood learning and the development of each child to become respectful and responsible future citizens within the community. We are an established kindergarten in the community set in lovely surroundings. A lofty oak tree has pride of place in our yard, having been planted when the Kindergarten was first built over 40 years ago.
Kindergarten is like another home, another family, a relaxed, warm and friendly atmosphere. A place children look forward to coming to.
We follow and extend on the children’s learning whilst ensuring we support and guide social and emotional well-being. We believe as a team of educators that this underlies a holistic approach to children’s learning.
- We believe children learn through play whilst being supported by actively involved educators who scaffold, guide and assist their learning and development. Unhurried, uninterrupted and flexible play are strongly valued within our team beliefs.
- We believe a safe and secure environment promotes the development of relationships within our kindergarten community. Inclusiveness and acceptance are paramount to ensure all families feel welcome within our service.
- We value our natural learning environment and utilise this strongly through the implementation of our program and practice.
- We believe in embedding sustainability practices to educate children on the future impacts that can arise in the world they are growing up in.
- We also believe in strengthening our relationship within the broader community and to continue building on the important 50 year old foundations established by A G Leech.