Y Kinders’ staff are enthusiastic, committed and passionate about the education and care of children.
Our recruitment process ensures that all staff are not only suitably qualified but aspire to the Y’s values of Honesty, Respect, Caring and Responsibility.
Each kindergarten has an Educational Leader supported by a team comprised of Bachelor, Diploma and/or Certificate III Qualified staff. We also have a team of Region Directors, Area Directors and a Pedagogical Leader who actively support the teams in our kindergartens.
Our recruitment process includes thorough checks and requires potential staff to hold relevant credentials.
- Police Check that is current within 6 months
- Employee Working With Children’s Check
- Anaphylaxis Management Certificate
- Asthma Management Certificate
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Completion of Safeguarding Children and Young People training
- Current Resume
- Two successful referee checks
- Participation in an interview
Once employed our expectation is that all staff:
- Attend regular professional development
- Participate in annual staff appraisals
- Attend staff meetings with their immediate teams and network meetings within their region. These valuable networking opportunities provide the opportunity for the development of high quality educational programs, as well as to reflect on current practice, whilst having a commitment to continual improvement.
- Update qualifications as required and continue to be up to date on current trends and educational practices.